Immediately’s column is delivered to you from Fallon, Nev. By the point you learn this, my husband and I will probably be again in Southwest Washington, however the precise writing is happening on the highway. We’re on our method again from a highway journey to Nevada to wrap up particulars reguarding my mother and father’ property. A bittersweet journey to make sure.
It seems that Could is an ideal month to journey from Washington to Nevada. Spring continues to be evident wherever we go, and the excessive warmth of the desert hasn’t fairly hit (though it was 100 levels in Las Vegas whereas we have been there – not so unhealthy for Las Vegas residents however fairly sizzling for anybody from the Northwest). Nonetheless, our vehicle journey has been one other memorable chapter within the Johnston family.
To honor Nationwide Highway Journey Day (which occurs to happen on Could 27), I wish to level out a small number of highway journey themed titles which can be obtainable on the library. There are a lot of journey guides within the assortment, in each print and digital codecs, in addition to books and DVDs celebrating the human want for wanderlust. Irrespective of the itinerary — a weekend on the seashore, a Southwest highway journey, a Caribbean cruise — the library can act as a bibliographic journey agent.
On the highway once more / Simply can’t wait to get on the highway once more – Willie Nelson
- “Horatio’s Drive: America’s First Highway Journey” (DVD) by PBS Residence Video.
- “Moon Drive & Hike Pacific Crest Path: The Finest Path Cities, Day Hikes, and Highway Journeys in Between” by Caroline Hinchliff.
- “The Open Highway: 50 Finest Highway Journeys within the USA: From Weekend Getaways to Cross-Nation Adventures” by Jessica Dunham.
- “Pacific Coasting” by Danielle Kroll.
- “Highway Journey USA: Cross-Nation Adventures on America’s Two-Lane Highways” by Jamie Jensen.
- “Washington Day Journeys by Theme” by Ellie Kozlowski.