Travelling to Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Must Know
If you’re planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this publish is for you. It would cowl every part you have to find out about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It would additionally cowl the price, the place to remain, locations to go to and so forth. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city known as Seme. The Nigeria Benin border is popularly known as the Seme Border.
Concerning the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is without doubt one of the many nations that share a border with Nigeria. Different nations that share a border with Nigeria embrace Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and round Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously often known as Dahomey. It was, nevertheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of Benin Republic is in Port Novo. Nevertheless, the most well-liked metropolis in Benin Republic is Cotonou. It is usually the financial capital of Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It obtained its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is house to pristine seashores, strong tradition, wildlife, and delightful vacationer points of interest.
Necessities For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic should current their Worldwide Passport on the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve got obtained a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can be for conserving data of vaccines required to go to different nations. You’ll be able to solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: How to Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you’ll have points with the Port well being on the border. Whenever you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They may in all probability repair one other date for that. These are the 2 fundamental vaccines you have to take earlier than visiting Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you towards yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embrace Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought of nationwide languages.
The official forex of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it’s also often known as the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
The right way to Get To the Republic of Benin Via Seme Border
If you’re on the lookout for stress-free entry. You will get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport firms that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport and so forth. They may deal with the border protocols, the stamping and so forth. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nevertheless, in case you are on a low funds or an adventurer like me, you possibly can resolve to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automobile to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the driving force you’ll cease on the border. Please be aware they might scare you that stamping is tough, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the advanced. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it your self.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Well being who will ask on your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine examine by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you’re coming from, in case you are coming from the mainland round Ikeja and environs, you possibly can undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. If you’re coming from Oshodi, you might have to undergo Mile
Crossing to the Seme Border
On the park, the driving force might attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols your self.
As soon as you’re approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, this may grant you entry into the premises and generally chances are you’ll get questioned by the Immigration officers on obligation. You’ll be able to transfer to the purpose the place you possibly can stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you’ll be requested pay some cash. Properly this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying in your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask on your yellow fever card, then the customs who can even attempt to examine your baggage, then the NDLEA who can even examine for medication and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you’re clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin facet the place you’ll undergo one other examine.
Ideas Whenever you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing it is best to do is to know the nation, their forex, change charges and so forth. You must also know some fundamental legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, it is best to familiarise your self with a number of the beliefs and tradition.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing it is best to do is to vary from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It could not work there attributable to CBN restrictions.
- Maintain Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you’ve the transport that can take you from the border to your home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare if you journey.
Please maintain your transport fare separate out of your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there until you roam them. Nevertheless, the community firm will excessively if you make and obtain calls. Subsequently chances are you’ll have to get a Benin SIM card. I’ll counsel both MTN or Airtel. When you get that, you can load it up and activate web connections, this may prevent quite a lot of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a distinct type of socket completely different from those now we have right here. You might want to get a common adapter that can mean you can plug in your system. This is essential, it could be tough getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English talking driver: Search for an English talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. This may enable you to with the language barrier. If you’re going to take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you might also inform the driving force that will help you out.
- Study fundamental Vocabulary: It is best to be taught fundamental vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), Anglais (English). And so forth
Issues to Do at Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Road Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover if you go to Benin is the presence of avenue meals distributors in every single place. Road meals is in style right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has grow to be one of many main vacationer points of interest in Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Pageant: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, it is best to attend one among its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seaside: Benin Republic is a coastal nation with completely different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seaside sand and the beauties of its lovely seashores.
The Value of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (depends upon the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Relies on whether or not you utilize a bus, automobile or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a pair of,500) depends upon your negotiation energy and in case you are utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Complete – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Lodges In Benin Republic
Lodges are reasonably priced in Benin Republic, the price of a typical resort in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per evening to fifteen,000. Although there are dearer ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per evening.
Lodges in Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Resort Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Resort La Casa Cielo
- Resort de la Diaspora
Vacationer Sights in Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer points of interest in Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Highway
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seaside
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the foremost freeway are tarred. All through my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole within the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the foremost highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve fundamental facilities like good roads, avenue mild, water and so forth.
Growth: By way of growth, Nigeria is much extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main building across the metropolis.
Knowledge: Web Knowledge is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Highway indicators: There are street indicators on each avenue, each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is simply too sane that I used to be nearly freaking out. LOL.
Automobiles: There are extra unique automobiles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the newest automobiles round.
Transportation: A lot of the residents personal bikes, bikes are one of many in style technique of transportation on this nation. It is usually quite common to see ladies driving bikes.